Our organization is in dire need of larger premises. The present 'barrack' at King George Vth Memorial at Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, measures 1000 sq ft. Student records and files of the current 526 students have to be stuffed into closed cupboards, which make them very difficult to access, as is the case with video-recordings of students and library books. Teaching aids are piled up on shelves or on the floor in each therapy room as there is no space for a resource room. The 150 sq. ft 'reception' area is shared by the accountant, the director, the medical social worker, and the project director, along with visitors and parents and children who are either waiting their turn for therapy or have come by appointment.
We also require a separate space for an early intervention programme as it needs a different set-up to the existing one.
Funds, funds & more funds is what we require to do more of what we already do at AURED. You could sponsor any of our new or existing initiatives.
|A session being held in the passage due
to space constraints
Invest in individual projects
- Fund an early detection & intervention unit:
Capex (Non recurring cost): Rs. 95, 39, 000
Opex (Recurring cost): Rs. 9, 87,000 p.a.
- Support the mobile testing unit:
Mobile van recurring cost: Rs. 9, 24, 000 p.a.
- Support an affiliate centre:
AURED Hyderabad costs us Rs. 50,000 p.m. (Adopt one or all or some of the above) - We prefer ALL.
- Sponsor a child:
Fees at AURED are charged on a sliding scale; however since the majority of children come from impoverished backgrounds the income generated is minimal. To help maintain the organization, we request corporate houses, charitable & educational trusts, and individual donors, to sponsor a child. Progress can be monitored if they so wish. An annual contribution of INR 30,000 (USD 600*), will subsidize the cost of a child's therapy as well as provide a year's supply of hearing aid batteries.
- Sponsor a pair of hearing aids: These may cost from INR 60,000 to 1, 30,000 (USD 1300 to USD 2830*) per pair, depending on the child's audiological requirements. Hearing aids of the highest quality are required to enable children develop listening skills.
- Sponsor a cochlear implant: Rs.5.50 Lacs to Rs.10.50 Lacs
- Sponsor a therapist: INR 15,000 per month
- Fund expansion of premises: At present we work in a rented 1000 sq. ft barrack.
- Contribute to the corpus: no minimum
Donations may be made to:
'The AURED Charitable Trust'
9 Garden Homes, 1st Road, Khar (W),
Mumbai 400 052,
Our Mission is 'Reduction of Disability'
Do make it your mission to help us achieve it.
Donations to be made to 'The AURED Charitable Trust'.